One of the concerns of businesses today is ensuring business continuity in case of a crisis. The partnership of Arendt Services and EBRC has allowed the two companies to provide a global solution to this concern. The double certification by EBRC and Arendt Services ensures customers get "end-to-end" continuity for their services through the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and a backup site, which is also certified, ensuring business continuity in case of crisis.
In order to obtain this certification, Arendt Services and EBRC have implemented and documented all the processes that ensure the robustness and efficiency of their business continuity measures such as:
- Business Continuity Policy
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) of all of their activities and interdependencies
- Risk Analysis (threats, vulnerabilities, impacts, recommendations for the management of risks)
- Business continuity strategy (human resources, data, applications, critical suppliers)
- Continuity plans for operations, communication, IT recovery, crisis management...
In this context, EBRC and Arendt Services have successfully proven their ability to activate backup plans for their customers by testing IT systems switchovers and organising on-site deployment exercises of specialised staff in case of an emergency.
EBRC and Arendt Services also set up performance indicators, a continuous improvement process, and a process for the effective management of any non-conformities.