The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) substitutes the European Directive 95/46/CE relative to data protection since 25th May 2018. The GDPR is applicable in every member state and aims at unifying the personal data protection in the EU. According to article 37th of the GDPR, controllers and processors may required to designate a Data Protection Officer (DPO). In this framework, this training is developed to prepare the candidates for this task taking into account the technical and juridical perspective with a day-to-day application and sharing experience in several areas such as cybersecurity, data protection, ISMS,... The certification program DPO was based on real life examples and specific exercises and was developed to provide the student with the knowledge and abilities to undertake the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation in the organization.
This 5-day training will address the topics of building on the leadership of a project, implementing the management of a Cybersecurity program and preparing to lead operational teams based on principles, procedures and techniques of project management.
- Auditors specialized in personal data protection
- Project managers or consultants who will lead the GDPR implementation
- DPO and CxO responsible for data protection and risk management
- Members of an information security team
- Lawyers and jurists
- Compliance experts
It is necessary to have a basic knowledge of the GDPR to attend this training.
The course can be held in English or in French.
- Acquire a global understanding of concepts, methods and techniques for an effective GDPR implementation.
- Comprehension of the requisites imposed by the GDPR to EU and international organizations.
- Management of a data protection team.
- Development of knowledge and abilities needed to advise organizations about best practices regarding analysis and management of data protection.
- To pass the exam CERTI-TRUST™ for DPO.
Day 1 : The GDPR – concepts, fundamental principles and legal framework
Day 2 : Compliance, Accountability, international transfers and DPO
+ Question examples for the GDPR Foundation exam
Exam : GDPR Foundation (1h - 50 questions QCM)
Day 3 : Obligations, data protection risk analysis and information security
Day 4 : Data protection impact assessment (case scenario and deliverables)
Day 5 : Audit, tools and techniques for the implementation
+ Exercises (QCM & open questions)
Exam : Data Protection Officer (3h - 100 questions QCM)
The official material of the training (consisting of more than 500 pages of content) will be delivered as well as the support material under the license Creative Commons (CC) de CERTI-TRUST ™.
Date & Registration
Date : Starting on October 8th (English/Fr
More trainings will be held in :
- November 26th
Fees : 3600€ for the whole session.
Location : EBRC Headquarters, 5 rue Eugène Ruppert, L-2453 Luxembourg
More information and registration : For any questions regarding this training, please contact directly RBA-TrainingCenter@ebrc.com